The main objective of the degree is to qualify students to work as licensed teachers in Early Childhood Education. Our graduates will acquire planning, development, and assessment skills to teach children from 0 to 6 years old in education centres offering programmes for this age span.
Universidad Internacional Isabel I de Castilla online teaching and learning methodology pursues the development of crosscutting skills which will prove useful for students’ future work at school centres. Students develop methodological skills (working procedures, entrepreneurship skills, proactive attitude, etc.) and technological skills (working in online environments, shared knowledge building in online communities and social networks, use of digital learning resources, etc.). Face-to-face education cannot foster these abilities to such an extent, as they are not part-and-parcel of face-to-face education programmes. Our methodology is focused on actively involving students in their ICT-based and up to date learning process.
The Degree in Early Childhood Education at Universidad Isabel I de Castilla is designed according to the White Paper of the Degree in Early Childhood and Primary Education Teaching (volume 1, page 193) and includes the following objectives:
- The student will lead the interaction between students and subject knowledge.
- The student will ensure that activities are useful and stimulating for the students’ development through group work.
- The student will be able to design and develop subject-related and inter-disciplinary projects, and to work with people outside the school community.
- The student will be able to analyse their working environment, develop activities, and adapt and effectively work in a fast-changing society.
- The student will be able to work as a tutor, student counsellor, and make learning assessments.