This course will enable you to increase your language awareness: you will identify different elements of English language, related skills and how best to teach them. You will get to understand how language actually works, so you will feel more confident teaching it.
This course is run by Spanish University Isabel I, Cambridge English Language Assessment university collaboration centre. Once the student has completed the course they will be awarded a certificate by Universidad Isabel I worth 6 ECTS* (150 hours).
This course has been developed for people who may have some experience teaching English to speakers of other languages and also for those who would like to start a career in teaching English as a foreign language around the world. The candidates for this course will be people who:
- Want to enhance their career in teaching.
- Are already teaching, but would like to gain an internationally recognized qualification to gain formal recognition for their experience.
- Want to keep their teaching skills up to date. This flexible and easy-to-follow course will help you grow in confidence as a teacher.
It aims to increase students’ confidence and enhance job prospects by focusing on core teaching skills needed by teachers of primary, secondary or adult learners anywhere in the world. The contents of the course will help you understand:
- Different methods for teaching
- The ‘language of teaching’
- The ways in which resources can be used
- The key aspects of lesson planning
- Classroom management methods for different needs / situations
This TEFL is structured in three core modules:
- Module 1 - Language and background to language learning and teaching:
- Describing language and language skills
- Background to language teaching
- Background to language learning
- Module 2 - Planning lessons and use of resources for language teaching:
- Planning and preparing a lesson or sequence of lessons
- Selection and use of resources and materials
- Module 3 - Managing the teaching and learning process:
- Teachers’ and learners’ language in the classroom
- Classroom management
Course dates will be as per university terms. This is an online course in English; a teacher will manage the classroom and assist you all along the way.
Certification: After the completion of this course, you will receive a TEFL CERTIFICATE issued by UNIVERSIDAD ISABEL I which will certify you have successfully completed the course and gained 6 ECTS (150 HRS).
*(ECTS) European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System is a standard for comparing the study attainment and performance of students of higher education across the European Union and other collaborating European countries.
Price 360 €. Special offer for October 2016 enrolments: 20% off; final price 288 €.
- Single payment through bank transfer or by credit card.