Interested in teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) in bilingual education systems? If you want to specialise in human communication and in teaching English in bilingual education, here you have a course focused on hands-on practice that will suit your needs! Get ready for a career in bilingual educational environments with University Isabel I!
This course is aimed at students with a previous qualification or experience in TEFL who what to deepen their knowledge on teaching strategies and techniques enabling them to teach not only English as a foreign language, but other type of courses in English (science, history, etc.) Researchers on bilingual issues or curriculum developers on the topic of multilingualism or bilingualism can also find a course programme that will suit their interests and training requirements.
The course is structured in three terms (three months each). The syllabus includes theoretical-practical units along with interactive and innovative coursework.
What will you learn by enrolling on this course? Below you will find the major areas covered:
- EU and Spanish TELF and bilingual programmes educational basis and curricula.
- Foreign language acquisition in bilingual contexts, pedagogy, and research.
- Multicultural and intercultural communication and learning.
- Alternative research methodologies in TEFL teaching.
- CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) Teaching / Learning Approach.
- Material design and evaluation.
This Expert Course is structured around three core modules:
Module 1 – Foreign languages and society
- Multilingualism, plurilingualism, multiculturalism
- Languages in education
- Plurilingual education and the Council of Europe
- EU language strategy: Europe 2020
- CLIL Strategy in European countries
- Spanish curriculum in bilingual education
- Employment opportunities
Module 2 – TEFL Theoretical framework
- Language acquisition theories
- Approaches and methodologies to EFL Teaching
- Language communication, cognitive skills and competences
- ICTs in education
- Teaching language skills (reading, listening, writing, speaking, and pronunciation)
- Research in CLIL and TEFL
Module 3 – CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning) Teaching / Learning Approach
- Bilingual education.
- CLIL Knowledge and principles
- Teachers and students in CLIL
- Curriculum and syllabus design for CLIL
- The 4 Cs model
- Methodology and practice
- Lesson planning and lesson delivery
- Classroom management (pre-school / primary / secondary)
- Teaching support strategies
- Special Needs Students and CLIL
Course dates will be as per university terms. This is an online course in English; a teacher will manage the classroom and assist you all along the way.
Click here to watch a video about Universidad Isabel I online methodology; you will also find a sample of the online platform.
This course is run by Spanish University Universidad Isabel I, Cambridge English Language Assessment university collaboration centre. Once the student has completed the course they will be awarded a certificate by the Universidad Isabel I worth 18 ECTS* (450 hours).
Price 1200 €. Special offer for October 2016 enrolments: 20% off; final price 960 €.
- Single payment through bank transfer or by credit card.